Friday, January 21, 2011

First scan

This morning I went to the clinic for my first scan and blood test and got the surprise of my life when the doctor said I might be ready to have my egg retrieval done as soon as this coming Monday!! (Cycle day 11.) So far there are 11 follicles growing on one side and 6 on the other! The lead follicle is already at 18mm and several others were in the teens. The doctor said that some of the 11 follicles were very small and may not develop any further, but there were at least 8 from that side that were progressing well.

I was expecting my retrieval surgery to be in at least another week's time (next Friday) or Wednesday at the earliest (as my clinic only does its retrievals on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and my cycle only just started last Friday). So when I got into work I had to do a mad flurry of diary reorganising just in case I end up away from work on Monday!

The upside of having the retrieval this Monday is that I will end up with less days in total on these drugs - which is a good thing, not only for my body but also for my wallet, lol. :-)

So, tomorrow I go into the clinic again for another scan and blood test which will determine whether or not retrieval ends up being on Monday, or Wednesday after another couple of days' follicle growth. Tonight I take another dose of both the Gonal-F and the Orgalutran injections just like I did last night.

The rate things are currently going, this might end up being the shortest cycle I've ever had, lol! :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home