Saturday, January 22, 2011

Second scan

This morning I got up early and went to the lab before 8.00am to have my second blood test drawn, so that the results would be through to the clinic by the time of my second scan at 12.30pm.

At my scan just after 12.30pm, I was told that my follicles are growing very fast - at a rate of 5mm a day instead of the usual 2-3mm. He thought that there might be approximately 10 mature eggs sitting there already; and as my largest follicle is already 23mm, he said that if we waited until Wednesday to retrieve them I would likely lose ALL of the eggs due to over-maturity!

So the decision was made to proceed with the retrieval at 8.30am on Monday morning. This means I need to take the final injection for this cycle tonight (the trigger shot, Ovidrel, at 8.30pm) and that is it (for medications) until Monday!

I have to fast from midnight Sunday and need to be at the clinic by 8.00am on Monday to allow time for the necessary prep before surgery. It turns out that my favourite doctor (of the three at the clinic) is supposed to be doing the retrievals on Monday, which was great to hear!

Tomorrow is a 'day off' from all of the drug taking which will be good. :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home